Olivier Roduit, based in Verbier, in the heart of the Alps between Chamonix (Mont-Blanc) and Zermatt (Matterhorn) brings a life time of knowledge and experience to his profession which he follows with passion and enthusiasm since 1987. Mountain-Guide IFMGA, Ski-Instructor ISIA and Professor to Aspiring Mountain-Guides, he is guiding and teaching on requiry all year round.
A former member or the Swiss Ski Team he has developed to become an extreme skier who has many impressive descents to his credit. He has conquered many of the most challenging and difficult alpine routes in the Alps from the Ecrins to the Dolomites, and some Big Walls in the Yosemite.
After his first expedition on Alpamayo, he became fascinated by high altitudes which led him to take part in numerous expeditons. Olivier has successfully summited Pumori and Kilimandjaro. On two separate occasions he climbed, without bottled oxygen, close to the "Top of the World" by reaching 8300 m on the North Ridge of Everest. Alpine style and still without supplemental oxygen, he also summited four 8000 meters peaks: Dhaulagiri, Shishapangma, Hidden Peak and Gasherbrum II.
Join with Olivier and he will show you the magic and beauty of the high mountain country. Climbing, skiing or touring, whether you are a novice or experienced, a veritable cocktail of activities and destinations await you in the Alps and elsewhere.
- 1965 : Born on the 19th of November in Fully VS
- 1983 > 1985 : Swiss Ski Team
- 1984 : Diploma de l'Ecole Supérieure de Commerce
- 1987 : Ski Instuctor ISIA
- 1989 : Mountain Guide UIAGM, Alpamayo 5947 m
- 1990 : El Capitan (The Nose)
- 1991 : Ski Trainer in Chili
- 1992 : El Capitan (Salathe), Half Dome (Regular), Pumori 7162 m (South-West Ridge)
- 1994 : Dhaulagiri 8167 m
- 1995 : Married with Andrea
- 1997 : 1st attempt up to 8300 m, Everest North Ridge
- 1998 : Kilimandjaro 5860 m
- 1999 : 2nd attempt up to 8300 m, Everest North Ridge
- 2001 : Shisha Pangma 8027 m, South Face (Scott-Mc Intyre)
- 2002 : Father of Luc
- 2003 : Instructor at Swiss Mountain Guides education SMGA
- 2007 : Hidden Peak 8068 m, Gasherbrumm II 8035 m
- 2008 : Kilimandjaro 5860 m
- 2009 : Attempt up to 7800 m on Broad Peak
- 2015 : Mentor ISTA (International Snow Training Academy)
- 2017 : Technical leader at Swiss Mountain Guides education SMGA
- 2018 : Mera Peak 6461 m
- Droites North Face (Davaille, Tournier, Ginat), Lyskamm North Face (Nessi-Andreani), Cervin North Face (Schmidt), Courtes North Face (Suisses), Mt Blanc du Tacul (Supercouloir, Gabarrou, Modica, Pinocchio), Aiguille des Pélerins (Rébuffat-Terray)...
- Mt Blanc Pilier Central de Freney (2X), Mt Blanc Pilier Rouge du Brouillard (Gabarrou-Long), Marmolada South Face (Vinatzer-Messner), Cima Grande North Face (Comici), Piz Badile North Face (Cassin), Petit Dru (North Face, American Direct, Bonatti Pillar), Le Fou (South Face), Salbitschijen West Ridge, Petites Jorasses West Face (3X), Mt Blanc du Tacul Pilier Gervasutti (2X)...
- North Faces: Petit Mont Collon, Pigne d'Arolla, Pointe de Vouasson, Obergabelhorn, Aiguille du Midi, Tour Ronde, Aiguille de l'Amône, Gd Combin de Valsorey...
- Couloirs: Dent Blanche WSW, Couturier, Doigts, Dent Jaune (4x), Barbey (2X), Jäger, Diable, Spencer...
- Dent Blanche West SW Couloir ski descent, Aiguille de l'Amône NE Face ski descent, Goulotte NE au Petit Grépillon, Goulotte RoRo au Tournelon Blanc, rock climbing routes (30+), ice climbs (20+)...
- Mt Blanc Pilier Central du Frêney, Eperon Tournier aux Droites, Aiguille Noire de Peuterey S Ridge (2X), Aiguille Verte Couturier Couloir, Pilier Gervasutti Mt Blanc du Tacul, Petites Jorasses West Face, Badile North Pillar (2X), Grand Capucin (6X), Nollen Mönsch (3X), Aiguille d'Argentière North Face, Everest North Col, Kilimandjaro (2X), Mont Blanc (30+), Grand Combin (20+), Cervin (20+), Dent Blanche (10+), Eiger (3X), Toubkal, Mera Peak...
Guided ski descents
- Couloir Marinelli (3X), Pigne d'Arolla North Face, Glacier Rond, Couloir Dent Jaune (3X), Petit Combin North Face (10+)...